Saturday, October 31, 2009

Normally

Normally I like to post blogs with pics of my children and grandchildren. Today is different and it may be this way in times to come. Even though they are the light of my life and one of my many reasons to keep going and learning to become a better person I find a need to share my thoughts with those who wish her read. Those especially my posterity once I am no longer here, I want them to know me from the inside out. Most people do not really know me.

From my earliest memory I have always had a belief in God and a love for my Savior. I really don't ever remember not believing. Even after my father and brothers died that belief system never waivered. Partly because it never waivered for my mother.

I remember shortly after dad and Sean died I rec'd my first "holy communion". I always loved learning about Christ, but I could never learn enough. I wanted to know more and really know Him on a personal basis. I just didn't know how to at the time. I learned to pray, but not the way Christ wants us to pray that came on my own many years later. As a teenager I would find myself often talking to God while driving. This is when i really began my personal relationship with Him. I beleive that this is really when I began searching for truth. I needed to know and I wanted to know the truth. When I was 21 I was introduced to the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This is when truth began to be revealed to me through the gift of the Holy Ghost and continues to be revealed often especially when I am in greatest need and desire. I know He is there and is my personl Savior and I know He loves me and i am thankful for this knowledge.

1 comment:

ckm said...

What a beautiful testimony. You have always been a woman of strength and courage - and a great example to those around you. I can see that you were prepared at a young age to be teachable and to recognize the spirit and embrase truth. Your posterity will appreciate and learn from your thoughts and snippits of testimony you leave for them. Hugs! Corin