Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thoughts

It has been a long while since I have posted here. I have thought many hours of what I want to say or what I want to leave my children. I will soon gain my 11th child. Though he along with four other I did not have the opportunity to rear as my own I gained them through marriage and I think of you as much my children as the ones that I have reared. Each of you (Shannon, Sean, Patrick, Laura, Kevin, Meghan, Brady, Jeremy, Kellee, Ali and Brian) have taught me things that I could never have learned on my own. My life has been greatly enriched having all of you in my family and I love each of you with all that I have to give.

I remember going into parenthood 33 years ago thinking that I was going to be the best parent possible and a better mom than I had. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY MOTHER but I wanted to be even better than she was. How niave' I was to think that I could improve on near perfection. I wonder if most people go into parenthood thinking the same thoughts? I dunno, but I do know that parenthood was the toughest expereince that I have ever encountered but the greatest blessings that I have ever received.

My thoughts often go back to the times when you were born and I held you in my arms for the first time and the feelings of abundent love and responsibility for each of you. I could look into your sweet faces for hours on end and never tire of this experience. Though I feel close to all of you there are a couple I wish I was closer to. I love being able to talk to each of you as adults and seeing how our relationship has changed..though always your mother now we can become friends and I just love this feeling.

When I watch you with your families I often look back to my times when you were young and as much as I miss those times I love these times of you adulthood and for some of you parenthood. I love to watch you with your spouses (and Brian) and see the love that exist between you and how this love has grown over the years you have been together.

Your children are only young for such a short time (though sometimes it may seem forever) you will spend more time with them as adults so build upon what you have now and work hard at making these relationships strong. Families really can be together forever and I can think of few things greater than that.

Know this that I LOVE each one of you dearly and am very well-pleased with each of you. You begun to do many great things in your lives and continue to be the best that you can be. Best sister, brother, wife, husband, mother, father, Priesthood holder, sisterhood. Love each other and those around you.

It is very important to me to make sure that you stay strong together with your first family as you extend this to your own families. Love each other. Love our Savior. Serve each other and serve HIM>

Love, Mom

1 comment:

ckm said...

You always have such thought provoking words and wise counsel. My father told me he expected me to be a better parent than what he and Mom were. Wow. How do you improve on perfection (I agree!). Parenting is the hardest yet most rewarding earthly experience one can have. It gives one a glimps of what our Heavenly Father feels for us. He has a sense of humor. He rejoices. He mourns. He is forgiving. He is just. He loves us. He is our Father.
Looking back, my friends from childhood, highschool and college aren't who I keep in contact. It is my family. Though there were moments growing up that were difficult and frustrating, the relationship can become so much stronger into adulthood. Cherish the memories and keep building for the eternities.
I love you Beth. You are a part of my family ... not one of those passing through life people. You are one that leaves a mark and remains in the heart. I love your kids. They are amazing spirits.
XOXO
Corin