Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Thompson's











I was greatly blessed to be able to spend three days during Landon's first birthday. It was wonderful to see Laura, Jeremy, Parker and Landon. To watch them interact as a fun, loving family. The joy and stresses of life and how they handle them. Laura is such a sweet mother as she cares for two very active boys with a husband busy all day with medical school and studying. Not everyone can do this, but she is suited well for the job. She is a very strong women who can handle anything that comes along knowing that in the end, God is in control.

I got there about 2am Thursday morning. Laura let me in and I settle quickly on the couch and fell right asleep. About 7 I heard Parker come out, he comes over to me...my back is toward him...he looks and nudges me and couple of times and then heads in the mom and dad's room. For the next hour I listened to them talk, laugh and tease each other. What wonderful precious moments to share. Later Landon woke up and Laura got him out of his crib and put him on the floor in the living room. I turned around and said hi. He smiled. What a happy boy he is. And always on the go. Non stop, except when sleeping. Friday Laura and Jeremy spent the day going to the Temple and out to eat. Left me several hours with these sweet ones. We spent part of the day washing Grami's car. Boy, did they get dirty. But they had fun. My car did get washed and waxed. After naps, Parker and I made cookies and made valentine cards. What fun. Saturday was Landon's birthday and had a birthday party that evening with some friends. He had a blast, but I must say Parker had the most fun. He stayed up until almost 11 playing, jumping on the bed, watching a movie with his friend. I couldn't have asked for a better time as I watch the legacy of what my parents left in the lives of their grandchildren and great-grandchildren. How blessed we all are!!! To be able to be with my children and watch my grandchildren grow is so wonderful. Thanks Barb for allowing me this time.