Monday, January 5, 2009

Love and Family

I had the most awesome holiday season this year. Everyone was home. Patrick brought his Rock Band over and most were downstairs playing and singing. For once we didn't feel crowded. The kids took the older ones sledding. Next year I think that I will go out with them. It would have been so much fun to watch. 
Reilly and Quincy stayed the night on the 23rd and helped get things ready for our Christmas..24th. They are always wanting to stay with Grami. They love Laura and her family. On Jan. 2 Kassi and Payten were supposed to spend the night, but Kassi had pinkeye so she couldn't. Payten was a little disappointed though. We bought a little wooden helicopter and airplane at Wal-Mart that he painted that night. He did a great job. He stayed in Meghan's room and did well down there by himself. The next day we went to Thanksgiving Point and went through the dinosaur museum. He has so much fun digging for fossels in sand and water and pushing and inspecting everything. We also watched a movie about the ocean and fish, sharks and dolphins in 3D. I love to have this one on one time with them. 

2 comments:

the reilly's said...

Payten loved spending time with you. He talked about it all day and into the next. Thank you for always taking the time to be with them.

Shannon said...

Too bad Kassi couldn't come she would have been bummed if she had known. I am glad that we didn't tell her.
I love you Mom and I feel so blessed to have had you as my mother. Thanks for all you are and all you do.